Aims & Objectives
What do we want to achieve?
1. to provide three days nutritionally balanced emergency food-aid for people in crisis identified and referred by frontline voucher distributors
2. to work with statutory service providers who will be able to refer people for a maximum of three vouchers (there will be exceptions to this, cases to be negotiated on an individual basis)
3. to signpost service users to other agencies appropriate to their needs i.e. Citizens Advice Bureau, housing department, social services, age concern, sure start, probation service, community projects such as The Lighthouse, those working with substance abuse issues.
4. to provide a hot drink, preferably a meal as well, and an opportunity to talk with a listening ear in a comfortable setting.
5. to be able to ask service users’ permission to pray with them and for them.
Future Aims & Objectives
To provide signposting to appropriate services (via CAB, Stewardship, Credit Action or C.A.P.) to help those people who need it get out of debt.
What do we mean by………
Voucher: distributed by frontline agencies i.e. Age concern, C.A.B, Social Services, etc. – valid for 3 days for 3 days food for a number of people determined by voucher distributor.
As above, able/trained to make an assessment of need by virtue of their professional status.
Signpost: rather than try to advise on every situation we will seek to encourage service users to access and engage with already established service providers to suit their needs.
Hot drink, meal:
We will try to provide service users with a drink and/or a meal not only give immediate sustenance but to provide an opportunity to grow relationships of trust so that via us they might be able to access other services.
Listening ear: see above
We will aim to provide and work within a non-bureaucratic environment much like a café or lounge.
Pray: we will seek by permission to pray with and / or for service users, respecting their right to decline and the need for confidentiality and male/male female/female provision to protect not only the service user but ourselves as well.
We will share our faith with clients and be openly Christian but we will not disbar any person access to the service on the grounds of race, colour or creed.
We are a Christian organisation that cannot deny why we’re doing this i.e. our God tell us to do it, Matthew 25, Isaiah 58.